27 October, 2008

Cooking Sinigang + more

To make some relevance out of my 17 days break from school, I took over the kitchens, and yes, I cooked. Well of course, with nerves as I stir the Sinigang soup. Well, it was worth the nerves because according to the mouths I fed, pwede na akong mag-asawa (remember that tv ad?), Hahaha. Not in the near future, of course.

It was totally scary cooking a "serious" food for the people here to eat for lunch. It would be much easier for me if I don't have anyone to share it with. Of course, I don't want to hear complaints about the food I cooked. That's worst case scenario for chef- wannabe like myself. Add in the fact that it is the first time I'll be cooking viand for 6 mouths, and the only thing I
knew close to "serious" cooking is cooking instant noodles and hotdogs ( do you actually call it cooking?) and I can't even perfect frying sunny side up eggs. But hey, they said it's good.

The first thing I cooked was Ginisang Munggo. My tita just gave me the instructions on how it's cooked, and I just followed it. I was not satisfied, though. My tita said chewing the meat was like chewing bubble gum. But the taste wasn't bad.
Ginisang Munggo with Bubble Gum meat. haha.

And then the next day, I was asked again to cook and buy the ingredients for sinigang. Buying the ingredients was easy (of course, I have a list in my pocket courtesy of Tita Mar),but cooking was difficult. I was not sure about how much salt to put in, how long will it take for the pork to get cooked and the like. And then the hour came when I said to myself, "it's don
e." Judgment time. I was nervous (I felt like a contestant in Iron chef), but the judges had spoken, they said that my Sinigang was good. So there, I can proudly say I cooked Sinigang and Ginisang Munggo without asking help from anyone. (:
yum. (:

* * *
I checked my email today and a friend sent me this youtube url. Watch this vid, surely you'll be touched, if not, teary eyed.




Do you ever think
When you're all alone
All that we can be
Where this thing could go
Am I crazy or falling in love
Is it real or just another crush

Do you catch your breath
When I look at you
Are you holding back
Like the way I do
Cause I'm trying, trying to walk away
But I know this crush ain't going away, going away . . .

LSS. (:

2 Comments:

RedLan said...

NA-MISS KO NA ANG GINISANG MUNGO. uy sorry caps lock. am working kasi. napacute noong video about friendship at kahit hayop ay narecognize pa rin niya ang nag aruga sa kanya. May mga tao na hindi na makakakilala ng mga long lost friends nila. thanks for sharing the video

triZzZ said...

Right. Ang galing no? Nakakapagtaka na ang tao na gifted with intelligence, nakakalimot kaagad, pero yung lion, kahit na instincts lang meron siya, he was still able to recognize his "family."

No prob.

(: