10 November, 2007

Break.

There came another retreat. This time, it lasted for three days, and I must say, it moved me to realization.
The retreat gave me a chance to reflect and share a bit of myself to everybody. Honestly, before I arrive in the retreat house, I have doubts about the things that will happen. You see, I witnessed and experienced opening such sensitive issues about the goings-on with my life to my classmates last year. That experience made me scared, for I was always stereotyped as a silent person, and so do I speak silent as well. I am glad I am given this opportunity to reflect, and I realized the many things I take for granted. The silence that reigns in the place, the cool and refreshing air, the lush greens which cannot be seen in Manila unwounded me from the busy and hurly burly city life. In that place, I realized, I owe my parents every single breath that I breathe, ad so I must pay due respect to them and tell them how much I love and appreciate them which I don't really do. I have to thank God for giving me a wonderful family, friends who keep me sane, and relatives who are always around. I thank Him for giving me a chance to experience to live, to laugh, to be loved and to love back in return. The peace that dwells in the place surprisingly dwelt in such a busy person like me. The peace I felt in me made me think about my real purpose in this world. What's my real purpose of existence? I still don' know. But I'm hoping some time from now, I'll be able to find it myself.

I share this to you, a letter from God to each of us. It is composed of excerpts taken from the bible.


Dear __________ my beloved child,
I love you. I have called you by name, you are mine. Before I formed you, I know you. And before you were born, I consecrated you. You did not choose me, I chose you.

Because you are precious to me and honored, I love you. I have loved you with an everlasting love, so I continue to show you my constant love. How can I abandon you? My love for you is strong. And I am faithful forever. Can a woman forget her own baby and not love the child she bore? Yet, even should she forget, I will never forget , I will never forget you- I can never forget you. See, I have written your name on the palm of my hand. I, the Lord your God, am holding you by my right hand. It is I who say to you, fear not, I will help you.

Do not be afraid, I have redeemed you. I am with you. I am with you to save you, And be sure of this, I am with you until the end of time. Do not let your heart be troubled. trust in me. For I know what my plans for you are, plans to serve and not to harm you, plans to give you a future and to give you hope. When you call on me, I will listen. I will help you. When you pass through deep waters, I will be with you. Your trouble will not overwhelm you. The hard trials that come will not hurt you. Do not worry. Even the hairs of your head have all been counted. So there is no need to be afraid of anything. The mountains may depart, and the hills will be shaken, but my steadfast love for you will never end.

Come, my love. Come, I will lead you into solitude, and there, I will speak tenderly to your heart. I will be true and faithful. I will show you my constant love, and make you mine forever, we will be united in love and tenderness. I have promised and I will do it.

Sincerely yours,

I am who I am
I am the Lord, your God
I am Yahweh, your Savior, your Redeemer
. . . the Faithful One

I was deeply moved by this letter, and my mom's. We should really give our 100% trust to the Lord, for He knows it all, and He will never put us down.

After three days of isolation in the retreat house without having any source of entertainment and communication from home, I missed my family, and other things I have taken for granted. Without having any idea, I went back home and was surprised by the news I saw on TV. I knew how really hard it is to live inside the Big Brother House. hehe.



This is a picture of my class at the chapel after playing Patintero (which I missed and haven't played for years) with our Rel. Ed Coordinator and adviser. It was really fun. Sabi nga nila, save the best for last.

I'll post some other pictures and letters I received from friends next time.

By the way, It's my mother's birthday today. Happy birthday mama! love yah!

6 Comments:

Jeneko said...

waaah kainggit naman kau!

sa 26 pa kami :( ilan camera ba pwedeng dalin?

triZzZ said...

3 pwede. aba, at may blogspot ka na! huwahaha.

my-so-called-Quest said...

heyytay? can i ask is that in tagaytay? pink sisters? houpe u had a great retreat!

triZzZ said...

yes. sa tagaytay po. And I'm so overwhelmed kapag kumakanta sila for mass. ang galing ng blending! nakakagoosebumps!paper

triZzZ said...

bakit may paper dun after ng exclamation point?...hmmm...

Anonymous said...

LOL *tinmad maglog in* may word verification pa! hehehe masaya to

anyway di ka nagwaYM! :( YM KA