26 October, 2007

Count

Months ago, I received a phone call from my cousins Mariel and IC asking if I do have any interest in registering myself for the upcoming SK elections. This call made me realize I am at the right age already to exercise my right to vote as the so-called "kabataan" and a part of the "sangguniang kabataan." Ang tanda ko na pala! haha. Parang kailan lang, I was begging to my mom if I could accompany her vote for a President way back when it was FVR running as president. Anyway, nakaka-overwhelm na magkakaroon ako ng bilang sa lipunan. I was asked several times and given a number of chances to register for the elections. My cousins and my tita were convincing me to register but their business talk didn't work to me that much. After those missed opportunities, I came to a halt and made my decision not to register for the SK elections. Mariel and IC kept asking me why, I said I just don't feel like it. My tita asked me it's my lost because I might not get admitted to PLM (Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila) or UP if I don't count myself in for the elections. Still, I stood on my decision. Hindi naman sa tinatamad ako magparegister at magpakapagod just to vote, neither did the media influenced me by telling that people were crammed at the COMELEC Office. I just don't think nobody deserves my vote. Why? To tell you frankly, some of the candidates are family friends, relatives, and families, and I decided not to vote for anyone of them. Knowing their goings-on made me realize they don't deserve the recognition and etc. and somebody else deserves it. Somebody who is responsible enough to be a role model, and not just another stupid boy who had had his girlfriend pregnant at sasabihing hindi siya ang father. Somebody who is consistent in everything he/she does, not just boasting stupid achievements. Somebody who is sensitive of what others might feel, not being sensitive on what others might think of the clothes he/she wears. I am not being prejudice to any of the candidates and I don't have anything against them. I just think somebody else deserves the office.
Realization came to me;
I feel sorry because I am blinded by the things my mind dictates me, but still I believe-somehow- some of them have the guts of what it takes to be of service to the youth. As what Kuya Daryl said, Everybody deserve chances, not a second chance. God gave us several chances, why can't people give chances as well?
Before, I was asked to run as an SK officer, but I decided not to run because I promised to myself not to enter "crappy politics", in any form. Buti na lang di ko naisipang ilagay sa kahit anumang application form ko for college ang public administration! hayyyy...

I PROMISE, my blog as my witness, NO TO RUN IN ANY POSITION IN THE GOVERNMENT. haha. as if. ( :



1 Comment:

Anonymous said...

hindi ko na enjoy ang kabataan ko kasi hindi ko na exercise ang right ko sa pagboto nuong sk elections..

at pti ngayon!

ha ha!

thanks for linking me, sige ill link yu on my next update!! ;)

paalala mo lang sakin..

ha ha ha