24 August, 2007

Superiority complex and trust

The seniors attended today's mass to ask the Lord for guidance for the upcoming National Career Assessment Examination. The gospel was (John 1:45-51), Nathanael is introduced as a friend of Philip. He is described as initially being skeptical about the Messiah coming from Nazareth, saying: "Can anything good come out of Nazareth?", but nonetheless, follows Philip's invitation. Jesus immediately characterizes him as "an Israelite indeed, in whom is no deceit". Some scholars hold that Jesus' quote "Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you", Nathanael recognizes Jesus as "the Son of God" and "the King of Israel".
I was deeply moved by the homily given by the priest, and he mentioned "superiority complex" and "trust". I wanted to run because of shame, for I knew I was one of those persons being "bossy" at times. This made me recall some things at school, my problems with my group mates, reprimanding them to bring this, bring that, do these things etc. I realized I was being hard on them. Handling a group isn't as easy as it is, that's why I prefer working on my own than having others work with me. Through the homily, I knew I lack some things-trust and sensitivity.

I was fed up with ineffective plans and disappointments on group works, that's why sometimes, I'd rather do all things, than appoint my co-members . I got this from my father, and I hated it, not knowing that I'm just like him. Since a child, I always work on my own, without having the help of my parents. The thing letting others do something with my grades involved was always a big issue to me. That's why I end up doing all group activities by myself. Whenever I work with people, I was always the one who takes over everything, and that was very wrong of me. People started leaving all things to me, and I had a hard time dealing with them. I created monsters in them. I regretted my actions, and wished I have never taken all things alone.

I am still learning to trust people, and I want to express my deepest regrets for being insensitive to others' feelings. Thank you for having the patience for a kid like me.

* * *
I can't help visiting my blog! but I shall be starting my review for the nth time tomorrow for NCAE, and it's nearing. Wish me luck (again. haha.)

Good luck to those who'll take the exams over the weekends and on Tuesday!
(is it ok if I call you kuya?) Ayel, (pwede din ba? hehe)Quincy, STITCHES!, TEON, Ms. Janice and some members of the faculty at school! Aja! Boscoletz! I miss ya'all!

7 Comments:

quincyjohn said...

ha3 its pretty fine calling me kuya trizzz. NP with that.

Btw, it's good that you have learned a lesson from the priest's homily. Do what you have listened to.

Being a boss is good. But being bossy is, i think, stupid if you'll abuse it.

Just balance it.

I plead guilty about superiority, as well.

But still realizations would always crop up on your mind so right there and then, change the habit.

Keep it up leader!

Thanks for the hopes on our exams.

triZzZ said...

thanks kuya quincy.( haha, I'm just a 4-month-old blogger, and I'm lucky to find family here!)

at that very moment, I was a bit scared because the priest was looking for an interviewee as he walked down the aisle, and I happen to sit near the center. Still, I was lucky to be seated somewhere far from the altar, and he cannot reach my place because of his microphone. haha.

Sometimes, I get this feeling I want my plan be followed than others' plans, and I'm a bit hesitant about it when it comes to school works. That's why I need to learn how to trust people. And one more thing, the reason behind my decision of taking up BS Biology in college as premed; I don't want to work in the office, considering that I'll be having a boss to patiently work with. I hate being bossed.As much as I hate being a boss.

Your very welcome, and I am sure you and (kuya) ayel will pass, or should I say, top it. hehe.
good luck!

quincyjohn said...

It's cool to have a blogging family.

Sometimes, the family members online can better help us and lift us up than those we see in person.

ha3 You might have a been a star for that mass if you were chosen to be asked.

Ow..so maybe you'll be having some time to change that habit.

I believe, we can make better outcomes with our projects if we work on it together.

Two heads are better than one as it is often reiterated. And as a leader triz, you must consolidate your plan with your subordinates' plans. You might not know that what you thought were aint-that-good plans of your members, may be those which you really need.

You can only discover who can be trusted if you'll take risks and give them the tasks you want them to do as the leader. Besides, you must also train them to be trusted.

And last thing, we must accept the fact that we will always work under a certain boss and will later boss somebody below.

I don't see any job that has no existing boss. ;)

You can do it trizz.

triZzZ said...

I've been doing things alone for some time now and I'm used to it. But a change won't harm, I think. It's time to change not for me alone, but for the others as well.

thanks kuya, thanks for the advice.(I'm getting used to calling you kuya.haha) aim high in your LET!

quincyjohn said...

yah, that's the spirit.
people are just resistant to change that's why their situations are getting worse.

good that you're not like them. ;)

salamat salamat.

just went home actually.

the board was a pretty headache!

Admin said...

Learning how to trust is one of the greatest thing a man can do..

Hehe :) Kapag nagawa mo 'yan.. You'll be great... Kasi it's hard to trust... especially kapag may mga nangyari na before na hindi maganda.

RedLan said...

Goodluck sa exam Trizzz