28 August, 2007

The painstaking NCAE

After a few days of preparing for the National Career Aptitude Examination, it was a great relief for me to answer the last question of the test. The actual test-though it has more items- is much easier than the mock test. But when it comes to the Manipulative Skills part, I have to be really careful with my answers for the choices seem to be the same, which makes it confusing.

There are some typographical errors in the test kit; there are punctuations and informations missing. But overall, the test went fine. Well, the aim of the test is just to guide the students what career should they pursue depending on what area they excel best to determine the field they are most likely to succeed; meaning to say nobody will fail. I am satisfied with the test and very happy for getting two new Mongol#2 pencils ( not for free of course, but we paid for it cheap.) haha. But the aftermath of the exams is an unnerving headache which until now I am suffering from. I think a good night sleep would suffice.

(It is actually Arnold's paper, I wrote there the formulas I needed, and I am pretty sure you won't be able to distinguish who had written which, and there's my two new Mongol#2 pencils!)
Indeed, appreciating simple things is the simplest way to find happiness. ( :

Thanks for those who prayed and who wished me good luck.

* * *
After a long wait, I finally watched Da Vinci Code on HBO. I was not able to see it on screen since I am not at the age yet. (haha, wait for me til next year!) I tried reading the book but it didn't caught my interest. But as I have seen the movie, I think the story is not persuasive enough for me to be troubled with my faith. Pictures and symbols are not enough evidences. Besides, even if Da Vinci intentionally hid codes in his works, basis is still a big question. But I must say, those who believes on what he sees might have doubts with his faith.

* * *
The voting is reopened for Pinoy Blogsphere's Wika2007 blog writing contest until August 31, 2007 for there were some contestants who have not voted yet. Vote for your favored entries here: http://pintig.pinoyblogosphere.net/
Results of the contest will be announced on September 5, 2007.



4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

"There are some typographical errors in the test kit; there are punctuations and informations missing."

I was right all along. It's chronic. That is a constant attribute of national exams in the Philippines.

My tutee took NCAE, too. But of course, he would know if there are errors. Kidding.

Have a great day, TrizZz! You would soon face the question of what career to choose. God bless!

RedLan said...

Goodluck sa result. Hope u will have a wise decision of what career u choose.

Believe in God and have a strong faith.

Take care always!

quincyjohn said...

I think, we really can't find national examinations without typographical errors and such.

Well its a manifestation of man's imperfections.

So how would you assess your self triz? What course will you be able to take?

About Da Vinci, its good to know somebody who is strong with is convictions and faith.

I know a bunch of people who were close to influenced by the movie. Good thing your not one of them. ha3

Just remember we are believing the true God.

triZzZ said...

@ (kuya) ayel:
I never thought your exam had errors too. Those items which had errors, I just chose the option closest to the supposedly correct answer. I'm wondering if they have any idea that their test actually had errors?

I'm pretty sure your tutee noticed the errors and found the test easy, too.

@ (kuya)redlan:
salamat salamat! I'm really hoping to wisely decide on my career to pursue.

@kuya quincy
But errors of carelessness and of millions for a budget isn't an excuse. These errors degrade the kind of education we have here.

I might take up Creative Writing if I'm not really destined for BS Biology.But I really wanted Medicine, I want to have my 'rents dream come to life. Honestly, I'm still having troubles with my choice of courses, I wanted them all and I still can't decide which one is for me!
I wanted photography but my parents don't agree with it. Oh well, I just have to go with the flow, I guess.

Da Vinci code isn't good enough for a shift with faith. God is tooooooo great for such fraud. :)