29 July, 2008

First quarter pa lang!

The first month of being a college student was- well, rough. Count in the chief reason of going to school six days straight, plus the NSTP-CWTS that bores me out every Sunday afternoon which was once a nirvana-a picture of my couch potato self every lazy Sunday afternoon back in high school, plus college algebra, plus the eye bags and dark circles around my eyes. And oh, add in a few classmates who irritate me and a professor who does nothing but talk about sex and preach things about the bible at the same time. Crap.

College is truly something one must consider taking seriously. It will decide on what sort of future you will live- the prosperous life or the lining-up-for-NFA-rice one. Adjusting is difficult; you will have to cope with the new environment, because everything and everyone will have no interest with adjusting for you like how it’s like in high school. There are people whom you will easily get along with, and there are also the ones whom you wouldn’t dare talking or fighting with for the sake of peace and unity. There are great professors who really do what is due doing, and there are some who does nothing but talk garbage and waste hours with unrelated things to the subject which could have been wisely used for sleeping and doing much important stuffs.

And the greatest thing I whine about- my P.E. professor. Why? Mainly because he’s a pervert. He does nothing but utter awful words, talk about sex and human genitals, and, ironically speaking, evangelize us with the ideas of his bible (or self-written bible, I dunno where on earth did he find such ideas, considering that he’s a Catholic), instead of making us do warm ups, play sports or whatever physical activities. I could have been happier if I jog around the campus for an hour instead of hearing his unbearable talks. He was saying blasphemous things about God and Virgin Mary. Like, he clearly stated that Mary was not a virgin. He said that after giving birth to Jesus, she had sons and daughters with Joseph, reached old age and died as opposed to the dogma that Mary assumed into heaven, with flesh and blood, after the ascension of her child Jesus to heaven. Hearing things like this has become excruciating and it was like hitting below the belt. Being a Catholic myself, those things he says are offensive. I don’t have problems with my faith (I thank my school for this), what I worry the most is that, his profane words might deceive people. Grrrr… I think I can’t do anything about it for the mean time. I will just have to hum my favorite song for the next two months whenever he talks. I don’t want to drop any of my subjects, either, but the moment I ran out of patience, I won’t have two minds of dropping his class (it’s not even that important) and report him in the Office of Student Development Services (OSDS) even without the consent of my parents. Hayyyy…

College could have been better for me if, and only if:
5. there are no “maarte” classmates
4. there is a storm signal number four in Gen. Luna cor. Muralla St. in Intramuros every Sunday afternoon, if not, rallyist should rally in Dep’t of Labor and Employment Intramuros 1 pm every Sunday.
3. College Algebra is not a prerequisite to Trigonometry
2. No Prof. D.O.M.
1. SM Manila was just a step away from PLM

So another thing, I took the Ang Pamantasan Examination (APEX), the exams for the new staffers of PLMs official student publication, and blimey, it’s the first time I had a blast in written exams! The test is divided into four parts: the editorial/ opinion, news writing, Feature/ Sports News, and Literature/ Filipino writing, respectively. I enjoyed working on everything. The opinion writing was about student activism in school papers. The next one is News Writing. In here we were asked to look for news around the campus for thirty minutes. By that exact time the task was given, a stock room in GK was on fire. So I decided to write about it, together with my news buddy Ate Chelle from College of Mass Comm. We immediately went to GK to look for someone to interview, but we failed to look for one. We proceeded to the Activity Center and there was someone announcing suspension of classes on affected buildings. After he made his announcements, we threw a lot of questions to him about the fire. Until I asked my last question: “Sir, ano po pangalan nila?” And then the good man told us: “Isulat niyo, Atty. Ernesto Maceda Jr.” Crap. I didn’t have any idea that he was PLM’s Vice President! So with a red face and a never-to-be-forgotten shame, I went off to write my news. That is definitely an experience I will never ever forget. The results were given, and I passed the written exam! The last test, the panel interview, will decide on our fate in the paper. The panel interview is no joke; the editors of each section will be the interviewers together with the editor-in-chief of Manila Bulletin, whose office happens to be beside PLM. Cool huh?

Last one. There was this activist girl who happens to be a year younger than me who tried to recruit me in their group. I met her in APEX and she happens to be my buddy in feature writing. She really speaks very well that all I knew was utter the word wow. But my parents reminded me very well not to join any unofficial group, and I still love my life. Haha.

Hala...1 week 'til midterm... goodluck na lang sa'kin... (:

Hayyy.. Pagod!
(:





1 Comment:

RedLan said...

nag-comment ako dito last night. hindi naging successful? huhuhu