16 June, 2008

KOLEHIYALA KRONIKELS: Hi I'm Tricia, Nice to meet yah!

I must admit adjusting with how the things work in college is difficult. From the oddly planned schedule down to the tiniest bit like how the books are like in college, I must cope with all those stuffs. And oh, count in the profs who arrive 1 hour late for their classes- if not- absent for the class without even notifying their students.

It is difficult studying in PLM (why waste time for a school which doesn't give school works as burdens, anyway) almost all professors reiterate these words: "PLM students kayo, mga iskolar ng bayan. You ought to apply and uphold the values and knowledge this school imparts to you. Being scholars, you have to exert all your bests to be rightful being called as an iskolar ng bayan". Talk about pressure. Besides the burden our profs put on our backs, it's extremely warm in Gusaling Villegas where we have our classes most of the time. Not because I'm used to air conditioned rooms like how it was like back in my old school. I guess it has something about global warming (ang layo ba?). Bad.

So how was my first week as a freshman college student? IT WAS TIRING, and it was fun at the same time. Tiring because I will have to wake up so early for me not to be late for my first class, and do all the preps on rush, since I am 45 minutes away from PLM (if there's no traffic jam), and literally run my way from the univ's main entrance to my first class. My classes usually end 30 minutes before noon, so that means I will have to walk a mile with the sun's rays directly hitting my face. Also, the competition among the students can be felt. All are smart, attentive and active. It was like the same pilot section I had attended during my freshman year in high school (why should it always be the first year ?) The fun side. Besides being classmates again with Gen and Chiela, I was able to make friends with my new block mates. Most of them are friendly, and loud, so there was hardly any problem with making friends with the people in our block. Blimey, after 2 days, we're like friends who have known each other for ages that we ate in a karinderya near MAPUA and sang our hearts out (thanks to the videoke machine and our liking for singing.) It's just so good to be friends with Erice, Chai (my katukayo), Shiela, Debbie, Marky, Raff, Jam, Jay Anne, Krishell, Von and the others.

So about the classes. Our profs are a treat. All of them are very cheerful, talkative, and friendly. There were no boring profs in our classes. So good. Except that some of them gave us a quiz without even discussing anything yet(like we did in HIST11!But it was more like a review so nothing bad about it) and they give lengthy homeworks! But there's one more prof we haven't met yet- our prof in Soc Sci11. Hope she/he will be as fun as our other profs do.

To the profs, all we need is a pat on the back, and we'll be ok. Haha.

After a week, college isn't that tough, nor that easy. Just have the confidence, study lessons ahead of the class and participate in the discussions, that will give you the ticket to survival. As for making friends, never hesitate to give a bit of yourself, and to show off who you really are even if it's just the first day. As for the profs, here's a bit of advice our prof in English gave us: Study, study, study. And if you think you have studied so much, study some more. I'm pretty sure if you're a diligent student, you won't have any problems with the profs. Plus, of course, the respect for the profs. I would like to state here Ate Agsy of UP College of Law's comment on my recent kolehiyala kronikels post:
Love college and it will love you back. That is certainly correct.

THIS BLOG WILL BE IN HIATUS FOR SOME DAYS.

by the way, I'll be taking the ANG PAMANTASAN EXAMINATION or APEX (PLM's School publication exam) on Saturday. Please pray for me that I'll pass both written exam and interview. Would love to be part of the school publication again, but this time, it's going to be big! (Missing Ms. D, my mentor) Thank you!

4 Comments:

RedLan said...

Uy, may lahing singer ka pala trizz. wow. Goodluck sa interview and written exam mo for PLM's school publication. Kaya mo yan. Kaw pa!

Ingat lagi!

triZzZ said...

hehehe. Kumakanta talaga ako, selected crowd nga lang. hehehe. Sana nga kayanin ko! Malaking opp ang makabalik ulit sa campus journalism.

thank you!

Anonymous said...

wishin' you luck sa PLM pub. i'm sure you'll love the experience in your univ pub--especially the fighting-for-your-fellow-students part.

Anonymous said...

naku masaya ang college layp. promise i enjoyed mine, kahit di ko gusto course ko.wehehe.