13 May, 2008

Fooled or what?

I decided to head back to Las Pinas after fixing few things for school. I rode a jeep to Tayuman, and was seated beside a guy in blue polo and black pants. He approached me, asking for my number. I told him I don't give my number to strangers. He even asked my school, what course I take up and the like. I was scared, because I was approached by a person whom I totally don't know. Then, he told me that he went to visit his sister in her workplace, and without expectations, his pockets were picked. He asked me if I could give him 40 pesos for him to be able to go back home, told me he's not a bad person,that he's from UP Diliman, he's a born-again, and that he's willing to give his 2 phones for 40 pesos. I was about to give him 40 pesos but I remember my father telling me to be careful with people asking for money in the streets. Half of me wanted to help , and half of me wanted to just ignore what he asks of me. I just told him that I'll have to travel 1 hour to my destination. He told me If I could pay for his fare and give him 20 pesos (half of what he really needs) , and asked me where I was going. I payed for his fare, gave him twenty pesos and told him I'm going to Las Pinas. With enthusiasm, He told me that his grandmother lives in Pilar Village here in Las Pinas. Again, He asked for my number, but I refused to give my number. He gave me his name (my poor memory isn't working during that time), and I gave mine. We shook hands, and I told him there are so many bad guys in the area.
He was asking me some more questions, personal questions you won't expect from a total stranger. Few meters away, He told me that He's going. He asked the driver to stop the vehicle, told me to take care, thanked me and went away. A few moments after, I remember. He told me that He's going to Espana, and that the place where the driver dropped him off is meters away from the jeepney terminal going to Espana. Was I fooled or what?

I hope the money I lent him really helped, and that he's not into some modus operandi.
To where he used the money isn't my concern anymore. My only concern is to help those who needs my help.

4 Comments:

RedLan said...

siguro naloko ka dahil sa sinabi mo na sa espana dapat siya pupunta at malayo ang binabaan niya.

Naka-relate ako sa sitwasyon mo. Napa what if ka. Baka totoo naman ang sinasabi niya, kawawa naman. Basta sa susunod huwag kang mag-focus. Marami ang mga ganyang diskarte. Ang iba nga ay may ibibigay in exchange sa bibigay mo sa kanya just to get ur attention and trust. Huwag ka basta magtiwala kahit walang hinihingi. Mahirap ang panahon ngayon, kahit ano na lang ang gawing rason ng ibang tao para maka-pera. Kahit nga kakilala mo, niloloko ka. Hindi masama ang magtulong. Pero yung iba mapagsamantala.

Mag-ingat lagi.

Anonymous said...

you got some scary experience right there...mahirap talagang maging babae

Kris Canimo said...

gwapo ba ung lalaki? hahaha.
sarap pa lang manghingi sau :D joke.

triZzZ said...

@kuya redlan
siguro nga naloko ako. Pero mukhang educated siyang tao, wala talaga sa itsura. Totoo nga, looks can be deceiving.

kung nanloko nga siya, kawawa siya. kasi yun na lang yung nahanap na way para maka-earn ng pera. Yun din ang hirap sa akin eh, madali akong magtiwala.

yes kuya, I'll be more careful this time. (:

@yarnhoj
oo super nakakatakot. Buti na lang talaga hindi ko binigay yung number ko, o personal informations. Tinanong niya rin kung saan ako nag-aaral, buti na lang yung sinabi ko sa kanyang school ko yung highschool pa ako. Kung yung school ko ngayon sinabi ko, patay na ako.
Correct.Super hirap maging girl. Sinasamantala ng mga mapansamantalang tao yung kahinaan namin. ):

@ kris
lol.hahaha, gwapo. May itsura naman, I won't say gwapo. Mukha siyang smart, and take note, english ang conversation namin ha!

hahaha. Mabait ako sa mga hindi ko kakilala, madamot ako sa kakilala ko. joke. (: