16 January, 2008

Admission Exams...

To answer those questions from Kuya Ayel and Kris: no, I didn't pass the UPCAT.
Now what bugs me the most is if I'll be able to pass the other entrance exams I have taken.

UP is both me and my father's dream. Not seeing myself on the list of the qualifiers really made me depressed. But what shall I do? I always knew from the very beginning that I won't pass the UPCAT. Maybe I passed the test, but I don't know about passing the rest of the qualifications.
So what made me think I won't be able to pass the UPCAT?
1. I applied for quota courses. BS Biology, BS Psychology and Political Science
2. The campuses I have applied for. One is UP Manila, and the other, UP Diliman.
3. The number of applicants. I was just one of the 25,000 applicants who took the exam.

Having these things in my mind, I knew I won't pass the test. And so, it did happen.
But hey, it's not too late.If I really want to make it to UP, there's another way. That is, to maintain a grade not lower than 2.00 for 33 units then transfer to UP. True it is, despair makes you stronger and wiser . If I'm not meant for UP, then I'll make myself a way to UP. Well, it's good to know that I'm not the only hopeful for this plan, one of my closest friend, Phyllis, thinks of the same thing. We will certainly familiarize ourselves in UP next school year.

I'm just so thankful I have great parents. I'll make it to UP for them.
Afterall, it's not just me who wants to go to UP badly. 76 students took the UPCAT in our school. And only 2 passed the UPCAT. Bin, our valedictorian, and Carlos the salutatorian. Now that made sense. But I'll be in UP in an academic year's time. Optimism. That's one thing to learn before I get into the battle of college life.

"Your life right now is a reflection of your past thoughts. That includes all the great things, and all the things you consider not so great. Since you attract to you what you think about most, it is easy to see what your dominant thoughts have been on every subject of your life, because that is what you have experienced."-Rhonda Byrne, The Secret

UST or PLM, hope I'll pass both.
(:

4 Comments:

RedLan said...

Kapag gusto mo talaga at determinado ka makukuha mo. Goodluck trizzz u'll make it. God bless

Anonymous said...

trizZz..nagun ko lang nabasa...sad to hear that you did passed but I'm glad that you know how to handle situations like these...i hae student, too who didn't pass some of them really fret about it.

when God closes a window...He opens the door. hehe. Something bigger and better will come for you. I'm sure of that.

Have a blessed day! :)

Kris Canimo said...

if there's a wheel, naku... there's something. hahaha

well, if u really want to study in up, why not take the first year in a less reputable university, tas transfer ka nlng, stepping stone ba. haha ako kasi ganun gingawa ko. wiii kita kits sa diliman.

quincyjohn said...

i was molded thinking professional performance doesn't depend upon the school but upon the student himself.

do your best for UP but wherever God leads you later on, still do your best. He always has a purpose trizz.