27 December, 2007

it's the most wonderful time of the year...



It's the most wonderful time of the year
(Most wonderful time)
With the kids jingle-belling
And everyone telling you
Be of good cheer
It's the most wonderful time of the year
(Wonderful time)

It's the hap-happiest season of all (wonderful time)
With those holiday greetings
And great happy meetings
When friends come to call
It's the hap-happiest season of all

There'll be parties for hosting
Marshmallows for roasting
And caroling out in the snow (out in the snow)
There'll be scary ghost stories
And tales of the glories
Of Christmases long, long ago

It's the most wonderful time of the year
There be much mistletoe-ing
And hearts will be glowing
When loved ones are near
It's the most wonderful time of the year, ooh ah

Woah, there'll be parties for hosting
Marshmallows for roasting
And caroling out in the snow (out in the snow)
There'll be scary ghost stories
And tales of the glories
Of Christmases long, long ago

It's the most wonderful time of the year (most
wonderful time)
There be much mistletoe-ing
And hearts will be glowing
When loved ones are near (loved ones are near)
It's the most wonderful time (wonderful time)
It's the most wonderful time (wonderful time)
It's the most wonderful time of the year
Ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh

This is the song I was singing for three consecutive days until Christmas. Tama. LSS (Last Song Syndrome) nga. I love hearing this song especially when Ellen DeGeneres dances around the stage, with that huge red-wrapped present. It made me dance, too. haha. Christmas is, indeed, the most wonderful time of the year. People get to reacquaint through gatherings and reunions, share gifts and eat, eat, and eat. And I'm wondering how many tons of garbage did the christmas wrappers made and how many pounds did you guys gained? Anyway, I had a wonderful Christmas, I got great gifts from my titas and titos, and I'm so rich again (in my dreams, of course. And after being broke for some weeks because of the candies-see my "tindahan" post- I finally refilled my wallet which had been nearly empty for some weeks.)

So how I celebrated Christmas? me and some family attended the last simbang gabi (good thing I was able to rise up early, so that's an achievement there) and prepared loads of food for Christmas Eve, attended Misa De Aguinaldo (it's my first time) and ate, ate, and ate.
*two pictures of the Misa De Aguinaldo at Mary Immaculate Nature Chruch in Las Pinas*the flip-flops I received from mother ( complements my PJs and my ugly feet. haha)

At exactly 12 midnight we opened our presents, and ate again, and got some sleep for the 25th, went to Nanay's house, opened new sets of presents from the other aunts and uncles, and ate again. But there are a lot of things missing, to be missed, and being missed.

1. My two brothers and my dad. It's my first time to spend Christmas without them. They are in Davao for my lola. We are supposed to get there, but time and availability of flights didn't permit us.
2. My lolo. It's his birthday on Christmas Day. Now that he's gone, Christmas is totally different especially for my dad and my lola.
3. Nanay (my lola on my mother's side). She passed away, too, like my lolo. Nanay supervises all the preparations for gatherings especially Christmas because that is the only day every member of the family is around.
4. Hot chocolate! Nanay usually makes us her specialty, hot chocolate for Christmas Eve. Now that she's not with us anymore we might never taste a cup of hot chocolate stirred with love again.
5. It's the last Christmas the Enriquezes (Tita O, Tito Joel, and Joey) would spend here. They will be moving in US next year.


Oh well, that's life. At least we have food, gifts and stories to share. Imagine those people who are deprived of these things. Don't you just feel how lucky we are? Still, despite of the things missing, to be missed and being missed, I'm still happy to spend Christmas with the people I most love, with the things we share, and the opportunity to make up for the lost time. I thank God for those things.

* * *
Deleting text messages from the past.

Texts from a fight yesterday

Or from a love of two years

Or from the morning that brought bad news.

*

I DELETED and
a huge burden disappeared.

I DELETED and my mind thinks it's
easier to forgive & forget.


-A certain message from YM made me recall of this line. Well, that made my Christmas merry.
*Random Pictures*
The pair of shoes I bought for Christmas. Love it.



2 Comments:

RedLan said...

Wow napakaraming magagandang bagay na nangyari sau noong pasko. Isa lang ang napuna ko na pinakamaganda. Ang ganda ng shoes mo!

triZzZ said...

hahaha. syempre magaling and maganda yung pumili! joke lang! hahaha!<<< kilala niyo ba yung nag-type nito? di ko kilala! hahaha...

shame..shame..shame..

^_^