22 December, 2007

Diana... why cant I have thou?

If there is one material gift I wanted Santa to give me this Christmas, that would be a a lomo starter kit or a Diana. I know it will take me ages to raise money just to buy these babies, and I'm just trying to poke Santa wishing that my simple wish be granted for I have been a good girl. haha. So what was I talking about? Clearly, you don't understand any word I've said-or in this case, typed- I was just dreaming of that sunny day, traveling the outskirts of the city capturing every single scene I've seen with a lomography camera. Lomography? Never heard? Yeah, I was just familiar with the way images it captured but I don't have any idea what was lomography about. Thank God there's my dear friend Google to save the day, together with Wikipedia. According to my pal wiki:" Lomography emphasizes casual, snapshot photography.Characteristics such as over-saturated colors, off-kilter exposure, blurring, "happy faccidents," and alternative film processing are often considered part of the "Lomographic Technique." Users are encouraged to take a lighthearted approach to their photography, and use these techniques to document everyday life, as the Lomo
LC-A's small size, simple controls, and ability to shoot in low light encourages
candid photography, photo reportage, and photo vérité." Now you know. And the good thing about this technique,
there ar
e no rules to be followed! just click on your lomo camera and forget about subjects!
Cool huh?
Here are some pics captured using a Diana

And the wish that will remain a wish for the coming years......
And my TH-as in Tried Hard "lomo-lomohan"(as told by my ate) picture-I hope you bear with this image. haha.
Santa, all I wish this Christmas are world peace, good health to my family, relatives and friends, and a Diana. (:

* * *
Without having any idea what was I doing last summer for my tita I never thought the thing that paid me 250 a day last summer would mean a cover for travel journal. Yes, last summer I had my first ever paid job at my tita O's company and she asked me to paint some pictures on watercolor. I didn't know she really made use of the pics I've painted. I've just realized this last Thursday, when she asked me to wrap a a notebook. The notebook seemed familiar, and alas! I knew it was my work.and there it is. The monsterpiece that paid me 250 bucks.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE! (:

2 Comments:

RedLan said...

wow. ganda ng emote mo trizzz at magaling ka rin pala sa pagpaint. congrats! Merry christmas to u and to ur family!

arjay said...

merry christmas trizzz!