28 September, 2007

Moving On...

It has been a week since the last time I have updated this blog. I am a year older once again, mourned for another lost of a family member and stormed by another row of stressful and über-nerve wrecking school activities. Oh, and have I mentioned C.A.T.?! HATE IT!(take note of the caps)

So what's with the title? I'm pretty sure the phrase "moving on" rings the bell. Ok, let me drag this entry to what I should take account of to make this oh-I'm-so-sleepy blogpost relevant to its title. As I was saying, We've lost another family member, and this time it was my lolo. What pains me the most is seeing my lola very sad, for she is very accustomed to the presence of her husband; he was the one who takes care of her even though he's having a hard time, too. Because of this very tragic event, we have to make certain decisions not only for the sake of my lola, but for the sake of the whole family as well. Father was the only one who made it to Davao since we do have our classes and mom had important business with her work. He went there, met some old friends, colleagues and family members whom he lost contact with after residing at Manila for merely three decades. Together with his friends, they decided to plan and work for certain matters, and somebody has to work on the arrangements my lolo had been working on during his last days, and they needed somebody who can accompany my lola since she's old and she's sick, and loneliness might aggravate her illness. Because of these reasons, father was obliged to move to Davao, but he can not do things all by himself, so the family decided that the boys (pops, kuya and Francis) will move to Davao and mother, me and ate will remain. Since my ate resides at Las Pinas, and it's just me and mom left, we decided to leave the house we rented for three years and just move to Las Pinas (mom doesn't want us to rent a house with just the two of us( she says it's very odd-but I don't think that's the real reason behind it). For now, we are "geographically separated" but still we are very united and we soooo love each other specially in times like this. But I know this decision will lead us to good, for we are very confident that God is on our side.
The important thing is this: To be able at any moment to sacrifice what we are for what we could become. Sometimes, we have to take risks for us to grow and for us to see the beauty behind the ugly.

So much for drama, see yah all soon!

By the way, we might follow them next year and settle there for good. Mindanao blogger na rin kaya ako in the near future? We'll see.

0 Comments: