10 June, 2007

whew!

My battered feeT!

hello philippines, hello world! I'm back! Finally!, So as you can see, I've just finished my layout, so yey. After a few nights of editing the pics and stuffs here finally it's all done! whew! So tired today, after a long journey, (you would not want to know where I've been, I promise) Thank God I was able to attend mass! Sorry Lord if I wasn't able to do my "sunday obligations" truly sorry! After mass, we went to the "palengke" beside the church. It was crowded, loud with voices of different pitches, and extremely hot! Of course, it wasn't my first time being on a public market, I just noticed these things due to my exhaustion. I hate hot and humid places. True it is, "appreciating simple things is the simplest way to find happiness." Though the markets we got here in the Philippines may not be as sanitary as those in Paris, or may not be as spacious as those in Milan, still the "palengke" we got here is uniquely Filipino. I guess the friendliest sellers,buyers, and the sukis is truly "onli in da Philippines." I enjoyed the clatters, the haggles, the sweet chuckles of vendors and their customers from a "tsismisan" session. Whoa, I never imagined myself appreciating these things. Though a jet set to Paris is a dream come true for me, still there are certain things that I'll never see in that haven.

And so I went home, so tired and perspired. and slept. and went to SM. So I went to the shoes section at the department store, to buy my school shoes. The whole place is crowded, with students of juvenile faces for school and their 'rents. So I went through every corners of the place and looked for the pair of shoes that will walk me to school. I went back and forth, and I've found the shoes I wanted. (yey!)But I wasn't so sure what to pick because I wanted them all! (hah! the fetish...)So I asked for the pair of my size.It was too small, so I asked for the next size, and found another pair. So I asked for the pair of my size again, and I felt shy because I was sending this salesman to and fro to get the pairs of shoes I requested.And then he arrived again, with the boxes of shoes I asked for. I tried it on, and I was not satisfied. So I looked for another pair, and asked again for my size. (too picky, huh?!) I was so amazed I have never seen a single stroke of annoyance on his face. Then he arrived again, still with a smile on his face, and of controlled temper I guess, and found the pair I wanted. So I told him this is the pair, and thanked me (sure I thanked him!) and got off. How cool is that huh?! If I were in his situation, I'd walk out and tell that stupid customer "make up your mind!"Hahaha...So I want to thank Mr.Salesman for the patience. Thanks very much! So the battered-feet thing makes sense now? It's painful and it's killing me!Look how abused my feet is!hahaha! needs a foot spa.

THE FICKLE MIND



0 Comments: