11 June, 2008

Kolehiyala Kronikels: First Day!

Well, like any other first days I went through in my thirteen years of going to school, it was BOOOOOOORIIIING. Everyone in my block are quiet since we don't know each other yet. And this day was just about giving the prof our class cards, never-ending I am blah blah from blah blah, and the very elementary not to do any stupid things inside the campus, and guess what, HOMEWORKS!
I had a hard time sleeping so early the day before. Not because I was excited about the opening of classes, but of my sleeping at 2:00 am, and waking up at 10:00 am habit. I started my attempts of sleeping early at 9:00 am. I did everything that could possibly give me a nice sleep, like shutting all the lights off, played some music, and played Loco Roco on PSP, hoping that it could somehow tire me out. It was a bad choice. I could have, at least, thought of it first that playing would make me stay up late more.
At 2 in the morning, it was heaven. My eyes finally tired out and my mind finally decided to shut down. At 5, the alarm rang. I gave this excuse that it’s too early, I still have more spare minutes to sleep. At 5:10, I saw a flash of image of me getting scolded by a prof because I was late considering that it’s the first day of classes. I panicked. I literally ran my way from my bed to the bathroom. A quarter before 6, I headed off to the place where Chery and I agreed meeting.
Gusaling Villegas Rm.211
I was looking for the venue of my first subject. I swiftly walked a long stretch of classrooms, and it was tiring since everyone was outside the corridor, chattering as if it wasn’t the first day. Room 208…209….210. Shoot. I was lost. I was looking for Room 211 but there’s no room as such. Then I saw this room with hardly any signage or anything that could inform me that it was the room I was looking for. I braved the embarrassment of getting into the wrong room, then I saw Chiela, a classmate during my sophomore year. I was delighted to see her, since I haven’t known anyone in my block yet. The first thing I did was asking her if I got in the right room and that we’re in block 29. Confirmed. I stumbled upon the room which I struggled looking for. Then I saw Genesis, my classmate last year who seemed bothered of looking for GV 211. Hahaha. Alas, we belong in the same block. So 2 old classmates. Not bad.
First Subject: Natural Science 12
Professor: Vincent Ng
Everyone was still silent and shy, except the three of us. Then came our prof. He’s probably at 25 or thirties. A geeky guy, but he seems to be friendly. Not bad for a Science teacher. Of course we were informed that we have to maintain our grades for our scholarship and, no cheating, blah blah, and the common rules and regulations. And our first class was ended with homework. Feisty.
Second Subject: Filipino 12
Professor: Marie Grace Anselmo
A bubbly professor. Probably 25 years old. She does the talking most of the time. She likes joking around, but hates "pilosopo." She’s very kind. She toured us around the campus. I think she’s a professor best to be friends with.
Third Subject: History 11
Professor: Carmelita Kastiri
She’s a cool professor! Although the age difference between our age is huge, she can still ride with us. She’s a joker, too. She’s a graduate of PLM. Her personality is just different from any other history professors I’ve had before.
Although the describe-your-self was annoying and the first day sermons were boring, it somehow left me an impression I will be holding on for the coming years. PLM is a good university with good students and great professors, and I’m pretty sure I will have great time learning in this institution.

Three important things to learn in PLM:
1. Never be late.
2. Wear comfortable shoes.
3. Always bring with you a bottled water.

cheers for college!

5 Comments:

RedLan said...

wow. nakarelate ako sa first day of school na yan. hehehe. buti mostly ng profs nyo, mga bata pa. Usually kapag matanda ang prof esp sa boring subjects, nagiging boring ang klase.

keep good grades trizzz!

triZzZ said...

@kura redlan
oo nga buti medyo bata pa profs namin. Pero may ilan ding matatanda na, but they're all sooo cool! In all fairness, wala kaming dull moment sa classes namin except that we waited for our prof for an hour.

(:

A said...

yeah, love college and it will love you back. good luck on your studies! : )

triZzZ said...

@agatha kristy
hehehe. I hope college will really love me back. thanks (:

Jeneko said...

goodluck!

ako ok lang din, masaya but it's maraming friends but it's hard making very close ones XD hahaha

sama ka sa tues ah?