30 April, 2008

Hired: Secretary/Production Assistant/Designer/Clerk/Janitor

After four days of sweat and weariness of moving things out to another office and assisting my tito with his pictorial jobs, I finally got my second salary in my entire life.
Why second? Because it is my second time having a summer job and it is also the second time I am doing the same jobs as I did in my previous summer job; that is to assist my tito with his pictorial jobs and organize things in their office. It's really nice having a summer job, especially for persons who are broke like me when summer arrives. Also, having a summer job is somewhat a break free from the summer break's boring days. Where do you find a job that kills time for you and pays you a lot? and oh, I almost forgot, and as your bosses are your uncle, aunts and your big sister, and after a day full of hard work you can have a dip in the pool alongside with your cuddly cousins? Though the job was really tough (If I could only cut my self into quarters just to fulfill all my tasks at the same time ) I enjoyed the company of my family and the jokes and chatters in between work loads. It's really nice. I'm really lucky compared to Phyllis, who tries her luck to have that secretarial job for a councilor in Manila City Hall. Don't ask me how many times she went to that councilor's office and how many times that councilor was late for the interviews. Good thing I don't have to undergo interviews and I got great bosses! Lucky me. Besides the money my summer job gives me and the time it kills for me, it also teaches me to be persevering (I'm real impatient!), and to somehow lessen my being bossy, and because of it I came to realize how hard it is to earn money. Having in my pocket my hard-earned money, I became "kuripot" just as how my mother tells me which is way too different to the "me" before. Everybody at home knew I had my pay, and they jokingly tell me "wow, bagong sweldo, pa-cheese burger ka naman!"Curse that advertisement. hahaha. It's really good to have a summer job. At least after that, I know how it's like to work in an office. And another thing I learned from the first week of my summer job: NCAE results are accurate. Why? because it tells there I excel less in clerical jobs. Hahaha.


By the way, I bumped into Jamie and her mom in the mall yesterday. A straightened hair really looks good on her. Told me she'll be taking up nursing in FEU with Charmaine Serdon. Hope you choose the right decision. If I were you I'll push through ad arts. Sayang yun! And hope you keep your long straight hair. (:
* * *
I was tagged by Kuya Redlan about10 things that recently made me happy. Kuya Redlan is one of the nicest people I met in the blogging world. Thank you po.

The RULE: Post 10 things that recently made you happy, then tag ten other people and spread the LOVE!

10. Passed all my Entrance Exams (except U.P.)
9. text message from schoolmates and teachers about my recent article on our school paper.
8. finally bought myself a green shirt
7. helped Kambz with her sleeping problems.
6. having a 20/20 vision.
5. Had my summer job
4. The possibility of being blockmates with Chery
3. Watched a movie and ate dinner with my family last Sunday.
2. Having been missed by my friends in the blogging world
1. I was granted full scholarship; meaning going to college wouldn't be a burden to my parents anymore. It just feels sooo good. (:

I want to share the love to Jamie, Gerald, Kuya Ayel, Marga and Yas





1 Comment:

RedLan said...

sira ang comment page last night. pati chatter box. kaya ngayon lang ako nakapag-comment sa latest mo. Bagong dating lang aksi ako from nature tripping.

U spread the line na pa-cheese ka naman. hahaha. lucky u talaga na nagtatrabaho tuwing summer. ma-develop mo lalo ang skills and ability mo. wow ha.

fulfilling at napaka-blessed mo trizzz. daming blessings na dumarating sa buhay mo. more blessings to come!